Just got back from an amazing ZOne Pday today :).... We went to a place called "Graceland" it is an Elvis themed country club and we were going to hopefully go on this sweet zipline and crazy rope course.... But when we found out it was 200 pesos or (4 bucks).. we all decided it was too expensive.. that just shows you how poor we are as missionaries here haha.... Can't even spend 4 bucks on a Pday... A lot of you spend more than 4 bucks on a hamburger like nothin.. So BE GRATEFUL!! (medyo guilt trip ba???) that is todays lesson haha. So after we found out that the country club wasnt gonna work we went to a kind of "Catholic Theme park" called 'Kamay ni Hesus".. or The Hands of Jesus. It is basically a place that depicts a bunch of bible stories through statues and shrines and what not.. its really kind of eery you feel ike your being watched.. BUt it was fun! I'll upload some pictures right now.. But as for work this week... It was good... Hard but good.. Let me explain.. SO this week was the week of graduation for all Highschools, elementarys, colleges, pre-schools, and any other school you can imagine... Which means PARTY CENTRAL here in Lucena city.. In the Filipino culture they like to find any reason to party.. and when they throw parties or "fiestas" they last for like 2 days... or until they run out of money. And when their money is all gone.. they take a few days to recover. which means they'll work super hard and work overtime to gain back their losses.. Yeah this week was one of those weeks. We got punted just about everywhere we went cuz they were all partying and drinking and having festivities. And the investigators that did let us in were almost all drunk. But I'm not gonna lie.. we did get some lessons haha... And even better yet.. We PWNED at the lessons we did give! We have been going back to a bunch of our old investigators.. Do you remember Jennifer and Ray?? We used to teach them steadily noong January and then they just kinda faded away... well me and Centeno went back to visit them.. THey were more than inviting to us and in that lesson we gave them a baptismal goal date.. when before they didn't accept. It was way cool! that is really the only noteable thing that happened spiritual wise this week.. I know.. Pathetic.. I blame it on the stupid graduation... Grrr!!! First is recognition night.. after that they party for like a day and a half.. then after that is the acutal graduation.. then they party even HARDER for like another 2 days.. It was so hard to work or tract or do anything. And at night we didn't stay out that late cuz its kinda dangerous walking the alleys of a filipino city at night with a bunch of drunk guys all over the place... So yea..... FUN AND RANDOM TIME!!!! Ok... so you remember wayy back at the beginning of my email when i said we went to graceland?? well when we were there and waiting for the rest of the zone to show up.. Elder Sheperdson and I spotted some raindeer just grazing in this field.. So us.. Being the jungle men we are, snuck up on these raindeer.. We then proceeded to make high pitched bird noises until we caught their attention.. once we had their attention we took out the bait!! a GIANT leaf off of this one tree thing.. and we started waving it so they would come eat.. And they started to come close and eat the leaves.. So i can honestly say that "I have fed a wild raindeer in the philippines in the middle of summer"... BOOM! Can you say that? NOPE! SO cool!!! I love this place.. So much randomness.. Oh and yesterday I walked past this CRAZY guy and he just started laughing hysterically.. Yeah.. they really need to build an insane asylum here.. Anyways... thats pretty much it. I love you all family and friends and whoever else you are.. MUAH! (figuratively) Who I am... It's me Elder Hansen
2 comments:
Hi Joni,
Just wanted to tell you again it was nice meeting you at the office and how much I enjoy reading Jeffs adventures. I told my daughter I met you, here is what she emailed back...
Um, that is hilarious that you met the mom of Elder Hansen.....I seriously have to meet him when I get home just to tell him that we always read his emails and loved them and didn't even know HIM!!
So we will have to get together when Missy gets home!
Kim,
Wow!! I am way behind in responding to your comment! Your daughter is wonderful and I would love to meet her! Jeff comes home in September, so I will let you know when his open house is, it would be fun to have you come!
How wonderful it is to read your daughter's experiences!
Thanks,
Joni
Post a Comment