Hello People of the Earth!!
This week has been good for me.. A little adjustment but it's a good one.. I am getting back in to the routine of speaking tagalog 24/7 cuz Elder Liddle got transferred. I will truly miss that guy! BUt it's all good.. I got a new companion Elder Centeno! He is way cool and humble and I think we are going to get along great.. We have been in the field about the same amount of time so we are both well seasoned in the field haha..
But in other news.. We got in touch with Dariel again, he moved houses to his aunts and she lives in our area.. He just randomly texted one day and we met up with him.. He kinda seems different from the last couple times weve seen him.. He seems stressed cuz he is trying to support his sister in college with a not very good job and he needs to support himself too at the same time. He has a lot on his plate.. We basically just talked about his life and the things he needed to do in order to be baptized.. We hope that he does his part so that we can get him baptized within this next 6 weeks.
Also, this last Sunday, things progressed very well for our sign language investigators. We have started teaching a literacy class to them because a lot of them werent taught how to read or write. It is quite sad because there arent any deaf literacy programs here for them to read and write. So on top of our lessons to the investigators we teach them how to read and write. Its so much fun, and I am getting a chance to brush up on my sign language.. I am acutally pretty good now.. Lindsey, you would be proud haha. But the sign language here is a little different than in america.. so I am adapting haha. IT's a lot of fun!
As for our work this week it was ok.. We had 3 days where we were physically unable to work because of transfer day and taking care of our zone.. That is the price you pay as zone leaders.. We had to help some elders move in to a new apartment and we also had to deal with them sleeping in our apartment both before and after transfer meeting.. IT was so MAGULO! or in english daw "Riot, disorder, confusion, messy, disorderly".. Yeah.. it was all of that.. I like tagalog better.. You can put it into one little word. haha. It was crazy! But fun. I love being around my fellow missionaries and helping them out.
We were able to contact sister Jane, our new investigator who is really interested in learning.. She is reading the Book of Mormon in 2 languages.. tagalog and visayan.. Her language is like a mix of the two because she lived in a visayan area for a long time then moved here and ist still kinda learning how to speak tagalog. So we were able to give her two copies of each language.. Its pretty cool. She has a baptismal goal date for the end of april. We hope it happens, and that we are able to keep in touch with her..
That's the problem in this area.. Its completely city so everyone is so so so busy! Like even worse than san pablo. Its way hard to schedule with people, but we are always punctual and on time to our appointments.. Sometimes we end up wasting like 30minutes waiting for investigators. But its all good.. Just take it in stride I guess.
Well, this week will be the first full week for me and Elder Centeno, we are gonna work up a storm and get out finding again. Not gonna lie.. Elder Lilddle and I kinda got in a comfort zone with our investigators, but as president anderson so eloquently says "Comfort Zones are coffins"... So were gonna get out bust our butts and find the elect! But thats pretty much it for me.. Transfer day madness.. and a new companion.. I love my mission,. And I love serving the lord and wearing his name.. along with my family name on my chest every day. I just love being a missionary
I love everything!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment