Hey yallz...
Yet another week has found its way past us.. And this week was definately a good one. I'll start with P-day earlier..
We went as a zone to Pagbilao Beach again, the one with the beautiful white sand and crystal clear water.. It was a lot of fun.. We basically just lounged around on the beach and played some sweet games with our flip flop sandals haha.. THe filipinos have SO many games using flip flops, its great :).. Then we made it back here about 1pm and BOOM.. now im here typing you this wonderful email :)...
Yesterday was pretty kaaya-aya din! I was able to teach our Deaf baptismal candidate yesterday and do a practice interview with him. The spirit is so strong with him and he loves the church. I can almost understand everything he says and he was telling us his plan that after a year he is going to go do baptisms for the dead for all of his family.. He is already getting their names, it is so cool! He also has desire to become a seminary teacher in Manila for deaf students.. He was a pastor for a christian denomination and he is going to use his knowledge of the Bible and Book of Mormon to help open the church up to deaf people in the Philippines. We are so excited for him and I hope that he will be able to accomplish it all..
Also we were able to find a ton of new investigators in ward 2 this week, and literally EVERYBODY we found came to church yesterday. we had 7 investigators in Ward 2 alone. It was so awesome!! Not to mention we met another Golden Investigator, Ronald Orlando, he is definately a future leader of the church.. It was funny how it happened.. My comp and I just randomly sat by him and struck up a conversation with him, we totally thought he was a member. But then he revealed that it was his first time coming to church in Lucena and that he is from Quezon City really close to the temple. He says he has been coming to church for 6 months now and has been on a temple tour 3 times... We then asked him if he was being tought by the missionaries in QC and he said yes but it wasn't really going anywhere.. He told us that they never even mentioned baptism and he was wondering how to get baptized. My comp and I were both SO suprised that missionaries had been teaching him for so long without extending a baptismal commitment. So long story short, we set an appointment with him and were gonna get that guy dunked AGAD!!
Hmm.. what else.. Oh, I was also able to go on splits with one of our fresh greenies straight from the MTC.. Elder Butler.. It was a lot of fun showing him the ropes and teaching him the ways.. It was strange how much of myself I saw in him and I did what I could to get him started off on the right path.. He is a great guy and will be an awesome missionary!
As for our other investigators.. They are all doing just fine.. NOthing really out of the ordinary happened.. except we found sister Jane, one of our progressing investigators at her house with her friends drinking up a storm.. It was quite sad.. Apparantly she doesnt understand the Word of Wisdom too well. It was sad.. As of right now Elder Centeno and I are working on a fresh batch of new investigators in the Ward 2 area.. I will have more news about them once we have been back to them and taught them a few times.. as of right now I really don;t know them too well.. So just wait until next week :)..
But I'll keep this letter short and simple.. Love you guys :)
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment