Jun 19, 2011

A Baptism ~ Elder Hansen To Be Transferred




Wazzup yallzz..

SO much happened this week, but then again it feels like nothing did. We got such a small number of lessons and barely got to do any missionary work... Arghhh...
Anyways I'll start out with a couple announcements.
FIRST: I am transferred!!! Sa wakas!! Wee... after 6 long months in Lucena I will finally be transferred to a different area. So next time I email you I will be somewhere else with someone new. Needless to say I am having mixed feelings. Its the same way with every transfer.. I am excited to leave but I feel like there is so much more that needs to be done. Oh well... I'll just leave it up to the person who switches out for me.
SECOND: We got Another baptism XD... yay! Brother Eroberto, the deaf guy was finally baptized after almost 3 months of investigating the church.. It was so awesome! I got the opportunity to baptize him. If you've been following my previous emails you already know his story and about how he was a pastor for a deaf congregation in Manila, so i wont bore you with telling you that again.. But something cool happened when he was bearing his testimony.. He basically told his story again about how he has been searching for the truth since he was a kid and he has listened to countless churches but never got baptized until he started his own little congregation. He then told us about how when we shared the story of the restoration he felt in his heart it was true.. and about the book of mormon and its truthfulness.. I am so glad now that I took those 2 years of Sign Language in highschool so i was able to understand what he was signing. It was so awesome and he is definately one of my strongest converts.
THIRD: This week we had Zone Conference. It was such a spiritual refresher.. Going to Zone Con I had the complete wrong attitude cuz Prez Anderson has been kinda stressed lately and on all the Zone Leaders backs about things so I thought when he saw me I was just going to get chastized for some reason or another.. But when i got to the chapel the spirit was so strong and gumaan ang pakiramdam ko.. (I felt lighter??.. Idk in english)... basta, everything felt better and all the bad feelings went away. After that we were all spiritually fed. And at the conference President and Sister Anderson showed us a picture of the new mission president.. And they actually look familiar.. I think I may have seen them before but I'm not sure.. They are from Gilbert and I am so excited to meet them on July 1.
FOURTH: After Zone conference we went diretso to the mission home for ZLC yet again.. And let me just say, I was SOO TIRED!! I woke up at 4am that day to make it to zone conference on time and then after a whole day of ZOne con we had to go straight to the mission home for ZLC. Luckily when we got there we were able to relax.. We had dinner at the mission home and then just hung out and watched a movie at the mission home. The movie we watched was "The Last Air Bender"... I didnt see any of it cuz as soon as it started I fell right asleep and then woke up in the middle of the movie and went upstairs and slept the rest of the day until the next morning.. haha.. When we woke up we made the PSPM Training plan and then headed back to Lucena.. (3 hour bus ride)..
Then this friday I got the opportunity to go to Marinduque Island and see the sights there.. It was awesome! One of the ZL's was going home on duke (marinduque) so I was able to go with Elder Kitzmiller to deliver a very important letter to one of the branch presidents.. I got to spent 24 hours driving around the entire island and visiting the missionaries and working with them over there. It was a treat to say the least! By far the most beautiful place I have been in the philippines. I really hope I get transferred there. It was amazing.. I'll just upload the pictures and let them do the talking.
Like I said.. this week a lot happened.. But it feels like I didnt really accomplish much cuz I didnt work a full day this week haha.. At least we got a baptism :)....
Welp.. Thats it for now folks .. If any of you want to subscribe to seeing my pictures you can CLICK HERE,.. if the link doesnt work here is the URL : https://picasaweb.google.com/rjhansen142

Love you all,
Elder Hansen

No comments: