Hello peoples!!
So this week was another crazy one to say the least.... I don't even know where to start... I guess I'll start at the end..
So I was transferred last friday from Lucena City, to Sta Rosa Laguna... And wow, it is weird here.. Kind of a breath of fresh air in the fact that we have a burger king in our area but then its a huge gasp of car exhaust because there are SO MANY friggin cars and the smoke is killing me.. I thought lucena was bad.. but holy mackroll.. this area is way way worse.. It is a huge city with huge buildings and like 10 malls and everything is SO expensive.. We spend so much money on transportation here.. and the traffic is a nightmare.. I can even take a taxi if i want to where i am going haha.. its so werid.. But the members here are way cool too :).. I went to church on sunday and they were so welcoming to me and just full of comments about my tagalog.. It was weird.. Seriously all of them thought I was filipino until i showed them that i could speak english.. Not to boast or anything but it feels really good knowing that you have mastered a language enough to trick the native speakers into thinking your from that place... Speaking of being fluent in a language, we went to church and met the most peculiar couple, i dont know their names but i started up a conversation with them and to my astonishment they both spoke perfect english and they had super thick british accents... I couldnt help myself from laughing.. It is so strange seeing filipinos speak perfect english, let alone with a british accent.. It was way funny.. ANyways so yeah.. my area is way sweet.. the members are way cool and I am excited to DIE here.. haha thats missionary lingo for GO HOME..
now on to my COMPANION.. His name is elder nalesoni and he is from sydney austrailia but born in new zeland. he is a HUGE tongan and he is way nice.. He has been in the mission for about 3 months so far and isnt all that good at tagalog because everyone in this area can speak english pretty well and he just speaks english most of the time.. I will do my best to make sure learns it haha... So far I havent got to know him all that well cuz weve only been together for about 4 days but so far I really like him as a companion.
Anyways, this week for me was mostly spent saying goodbye to all of the members and investigators I have grown to love in Lucena and saying Hello to all of the new faces here in Santa Rosa... I really don't have much more to say other than.. I am adjusting and loving my new area and companion.. Sorry this is so short.. Next week I will have news about all of the new ivestigators we will meet :)..
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment