Jul 4, 2011

Santa Rosa New Area ~ District Leader & Trainer ~ Not So Friendly Bug




Hello Family, Friends and Enemies... (hopefully not). anyways.. love your enemies parin.


This week was yet another week of little to no progress in getting to know the people.. Or the area.. because this week we had an additional companion in our companionship.. This companion was much smaller than your average human being, yet could level a 6 foot 300 pound tongan to the floor for almost an entire week.. Yes.. It is waht you think.... the dreaded AMOEBA!! AHH... Ok.. So my comp is like way mahilig at drinking water and he drinks, no joke, like 6 liters a day.. it's ridiculous.. And apparantly it has been too long since our filter has been switched cuz last monday my companion started complaining of stomach pains.. But we just shrugged them off as nothing and went about our normal activities.. Then on Tuesday, we worked all day and I met some AWESOME investigators and members. We have some progresssing and some not so progressing. But one family that we are teaching is way awesome! The garcia family. They all have baptismal goal dates and all want to go to church and stuff.. not to mention they actually have money so they can go to church haha.. its way cool.. And there are some way nice super strong members in our ward. We went to their house to go eat and it reminded me of back in the states cuz they all have like normal houses and stuff and carpet and they vaccume and stuff... its so weird haha.. It was great! So that was my tuesday...
Then I woke up on Wednesday morning to a text coming from the AP's telling me that I was District Leader and that I had to prepare a workshop for district meeting which was in like 3 hours... I was way suprised cuz nobody told me that I was district leader until the day of district meeting.. let alone did i know where the chapel was.. Elder Nalesoni is still kinda oblivious to what is going on so he didnt really know either.. it was fun trying to find the church in a huge city that i have never been in.. But with a little help from the people on the street and the spirit.. we made it to district meeting on time and I was able to give a workshop. Then after district meeting my companion started really complaining about his stomach and that he needed to go home and rest.. but me.. being me.. Didnt want to waste our appointments that afternoon so i insisted that we work and just say a prayer to help him get through the day... I guess the lord helped us get through about half the day.. cuz around 5pm my comp was cussin up a storm and basically told me that he was gonna kill me if we didnt go home right then.. I gave permission and we went back.. after that he went straight to the bathroom and then straight to bed.. He didnt wake up till about thursday 2pm.. and when he woke up he was not a happy camper.. He was in a ton of pain, So we called Sister Anderson and she said that it was just a "Tummy Bug"... and that it should go away in 24 hours.. Well, we just hung around the house and I kept my comp on gatorade until the 24 hour mark hit.., And the pain was even worse. SO we decided to tell our Nanay.. AKA our landlord who is SO awesome! She sakayed us up in her car and we went straight to the hospital and the doctor put him on some antibiotics.. So, I basically just sat at the house and fed my comp and made sure he was ok.. We didn't even go to church this week.. It really was not good.. And not a very good start to my last area but it's all good.. Today has been the first day that my comp has been out of the house in a week.. I really hope that he is up to working tomorrow So we can really get the ball rolling here. ANyways... Not much news.. Just sick sick sick..
Thats all folks.. I love yas..
Elder Hansen

No comments: