Jul 12, 2011

Happy 21st Birthday Elder Hansen~ Let Your Light So Shine




Hello there peoples...

First things first.. If you haven't wished me a Happy Birthday, you should do so RIGHT AWAY.. Because as I type this I am now TWENTY ONE years old.. Thats right! I am legal baby! haha.. Not much in the ol' planner for things to do because it is pooring rain outside but it's all good.. It's still my birthday and it can rain if it wants to haha..

As for this week we had some great experiences working.. I have officially met all of our progressing investigators and have found a few perspectives.. I'll get right into it..

So, the other day me and Nalesoni were walking home past the Catholic church and some lady comes running up to us (thinking we were priests) and started begging for a blessing. She then went on to tell us that she knew we were of God because of our 'light" or countenance.. So. I started just talking to her asking her what she was up to and why she was by the church. She went on to tell us that she has family in the hospital and she didn't feel worthy to go ask the Father for help and she had no money to donate, then she saw us walking by and was wondering if we could say a prayer for her.. BOOM.. Teaching Opportunity. I then busted out the Book of Mormon, gave a short message about prayer and how it acutally is a commandement that we pray and that NO ONE is unworthy to pray. I then taught her the steps of prayer and before we left we had her say a prayer for her cousin(?) I think in the hospital.. We got her address and are going to follow up on our appointment with her this week. Pretty cool experience!

Next, we have been teaching the Gonzales family and the family ni Jesus (Hay-Soos).. I don't know their last names, I didn't bring my planner. They are way awesome! And all coming to church! We have quite a crowd in our Gospel Essentials class! Also, the teacher is way good in there too! He actually prepares his lessons and does a great job fellowshipping our investigators. Right now, I am just getting to know them all and we are reviewing the things that Elder Remollio taught them before I got there... My comp is still really new and he doesn't understand the tagalog so he doesn't know where they are in the lessons.. and their teaching records haven't been updated so we kinda had to start over.. GRR.. but I am having a great time teaching them and getting to know them all.

And also, we have been teaching Brother Cezar, one of the most faithful people I have met when it comes to going to church and studying the scriptures... BUT he drinks and smokes. He really is trying so hard to quit. Since the first time I met him, I commited him to stop cold turkey with the drinking.. And he is doing it! he hasn't drank in almost 3 weeks.. But he is still having a hard time with smoking.. he is gradually weening himself off of them.. He has a goal to go to the temple and be sealed with his family (who are all members).. and I would love to see him enter the waters of baptism before I leave. I'll keep you updated..

Um... what else.. what else.. oh yeah, ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Anyways, I am loving my area, the members here are SO, SO nice and I am helping my comp become better every day.. ( I hope) haha.. I love you all.. and I am going to go do Birthday things,.. I only have 7 mins left to email Prez! ahh..

I love you all!!! and Happy Birthday TO ME again!

Elder Hansen

No comments: