Hey Peoples!!!
This week has been great! We accomplished much and learned even more. This week we did an evaluation of all of our investigators and we are kind of weeding out the ones who arent progressing and trying to fill their spots with fresh.. new investigators.. So Elder Nalesoni and I got out and kncocked doors... and A LOT OF THEM.. But not very many of them accepted us in. maybe like 3 of them and they werent interested in our message. BLAhh... BUT! We went back to that lady who asked us for a blessing last week and yeah.... She ended up to be kinda crazy... Like I really think she has issues that neither Elder Nalesoni or myself are qualified to fix.. Story time!! So we show up at her door and start yelling "Tao po!" like 30 times.. And every time we would say it she would say "just a second...".. then we would wait for like 3 minutes and we would hear a lot of rustling around a movement in her little house but she would never come out.. So we were like what the heck?? and just kept trying to get her to come out cuz she was obvioiusly home haha.. so after like 20 minutes of trying we finally got her out of the house.. and out she comes, carrying a statue of
"Santo NiƱo" and she was like "LOOK! I am catholic.. Cant you see!!!".. And we were like "Yeah... wow, thats a nice statue you got there".. trying not to laugh.. It was really bizzare.. And then she was like "well maybe you can help me with something..."... then she went on to tell me her extensive medical history and about how her bowels don't work properly and started asking me for advice and about her medications and gahh... It just went on for like another 15 minutes and then I basically just said that we had to go and that was the end of it.. It was really akward the things she was telling me.. I am not comfortable repeating them on the world wide web haha.. But just know na may tama siya.. haha we wont be going back there.
In other news, Brother Rafiel is SO AWESOME! I think I told you about him the other week.. He was the one who just showed up at church and told us that he wanted to know about our religion because his girlfriend is going on a mission on july 28.. Anyways well he came to church for the 3rd straight week in a row and we taught him about the book of mormon and he is SO interested.. But the only thing is we can only teach him on sundays right after church. So it may be a while before his baptism. He is starting the Book of Mormon at the beginning and he told us that he would read 10 chapters this week and write down all of his questions.... I am a little intimidated haha.. You better believe that I will be studying 1nephi chapters 1-10 this week haha.. But yeah he is a quiet guy but realy has a strong desire to join the church. Next week we are gonna rock him with a Baptismal Date!! Woot!! Way exciting!!
This week the 2nd councellor in the bishopric gave us some AWESOME referrals! They are his employees at his airconditioning repair business.. and it is obvious that he has been fellowshipping and preparing them long before we even met them. We showed up in his office and they were there ready with Book of Mormons to listen to the lesson.. The discussion was great! And Elder Nalesoni taught the Joseph Smith story in tagalog all by himself.. I was so proud of my little trainee.. (tear).. or should I say HUGE trainee haha.. It was an awesome experience! I will keep you posted on them.
I am really feeling the fire this week and cant wait to get back to work tomorrow!! Oh and tomorrow will be my first zone interview with our new mission president, President Peterson from Gilbert.. SO wish me luck!! Love you all! kk bye
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment