Hey people..
Another week has passed and I am that much closer to my release date!! Ahh it is coming so fast!! Geez!
Ok, first things first.. My companion Elder Nalesoni isn't transferred so that means that he is my last companion for sure and he will be "Killing" me as we say in the mission.. When you come in the mission you are born and then your last companion always "kills" you.. it is just the Lingo here.. I am way excited to continue to work with Elder Nalesoni! He helps me grow and we are going to ROCK this transfer!!
So yeah, this week we did a lot of RCLA work.. or just visiting members. It was such an awesome experience because we got like 5 new referrals through it.. And one of them, Janet, I think will be baptized! So, we get to this members house and this member owns a few apartments and she calls over one of her boarders to listen.. We introduce ourselves and tell her a little about what we do. We found out that this was her first time ever being acuainted with missionaries or ever hearing of our church.. So we kind of had a fresh slate to work with.. which is GOOD! So, we started by getting a little bit of her religious background.. and it was the same old - same old.. catholic, doesn't go to church, but has a strong conviction there is a God. So, that was good too. We then began by sharing a little about prophets and the Life of Jesus Christ.. then we got to the most important part of the lesson.. The Restoration.. I gave the mic to my companion Elder Nalesoni, and he ROCKED it! His Tagalog isn't the best but you can really feel his sincerity when he teaches. I had to help him with a few parts but he got through it and then he gave the time to me and I clarified and asked some follow up questions.. Then I took out a Book of Mormon and offered it to her which she gladly accepted. Then we read out of Moroni and the spirit was so strong. Janet stopped us and asked why she felt the way she did.. then she showed us her arms and they had goosebumps all over them. I explained a little about the spirit and we left the message at that.. Sister Janet without a doubt felt the spirit confirming our message to her and now she has such a desire to keep investigating and reading the Book of Mormon.. It was an awesome experience! Probably the best lesson of the week..
Also we were supposed to give rafiel a Baptismal date but he went home to his province to see his girlfriend off on her mission. He went to church sa kanila (in their place?).. so next sunday we'll give him one.
As far as our other investigators we feel as if we have hit a plateau with them. Not a good place to be with them because were at the point where they need to put fourth the effort but none of them are really doing it.. So yeah.. were at a crossraods with them.
I am feeling pretty excited about going home..... uhhh....
Anyways, I had an interview and FINALLY got to meet President and Sister Peterson! They are so cool! And they remind me so much of you guys (Mom and dad).. haha they were talking with me all about arizona and i told them that lindsey had met Clint before and sister peterson was pretty excited about that.. Anyways, I had a great interview with President Peterson, he is truly a great man and a spiritual giant. I can really see his fire about missionary work and it really inspires me.. Apparantly he trusts me enough to stay here with Elder Nalesoni for another transfer so I think we got off on the right foot. I am just sad that I wont be with him for much longer.. Oh well.
Anyways.. I gotta go! I love you all!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment