Aug 4, 2011

Teaching The Rain ~ Old Habits Die Hard~ New Baptism Soon






Hello peeps!!

This week was super Duper UPER rainy... Like as in it has rained ALL Day every day.. nakakalunkot naman! .. It is kinda hard to work in the rain too.. haha.. The funny thing is my companion seems to love it.. Every time there is a flooded area he'll go running to it and start yelling and go splashing around haha.. I have some pictures that I'll upload to my picasa so you can check those out..
but other than that we have been seeing some great progress in some of our investigators and some backpedaling as well.. Lets start with the bad and get it over with..
So tatay caezar was just two weeks away from getting baptized but he relapsed on his drinking after almost 2 months of sobriety. So we show up at church and he wasnt there so we asked his wife and she reluctantly said that he was at home drunk again.. I was so deeply saddened.. It is so hard to see someone you pray for, that you love go back on his commitment. We had to extend his baptismal date, so I probably wont be able to see him be baptized before I go home.
Ok now for the good news :).... So you all know brother Rafael (not the ninja turtle), our investigator.. This week he came to church and we ROCKED his SOX with a baptismal date.. It will be on august 28.. We talked about baptism in 3 nephi 11 and the spirit was really strong.. It was a textbook baptismal goal date lesson and it went off without a hitch.. Brother Rafael has made some good headway in the Book of Mormon and has a testimony and desire to be baptized for the remission of his sins. We are so excited for him! ( i hope im not speaking too soon).... oh well.. FAITH!!
Now for that 'boarder lady' I talked about in my last email.. Oh and she has a name.. Its Janet ^__^.. She is way awesome, we went to her for a second time and she had a TON of questions about the book of mormon and seems to be accepting everything. The spirit is unusally strong with this one.. Kinda like Anakin Skywalker.. Lets just hope she doesnt end up as a syth lord.. AKA Iglesia! haha... JOKE.. I respect all religions.. cough...
So yeah, thats the balita about our investigators.. We also had a very fancy shmancy P-day today.. We BBQed pork.. even though it was drizzling the whole time.. haha it added to the flavor.. Then we played a little basket ball and had a very merry time. Anyways.. I have to upload pics now! I luv you all LONG TIME..
Elder Hansen

No comments: