Hello peoples!! Only one more email to go and dis guy is comin' HOME!!
I'll get right into this week.. So it started off pretty slow.. Last Tuesday, we went to a few not-so-progressing investigators and tried to find out their concerns and resolve them but it mostly just came down to social concerns which we have no jurisdiction over other than encouragement.. So it was kind of a discouraging day, because at the end of the day we had an appointment with the Palillo family and they ended up punting us.. or they werent at their house... so yeah that was that.. Then on another day (I think thursday) the Zone Leaders call and tell me that I had to get all of the progress records from all of my district mates and bring them to them.. And yeah.. that sounds a lot easier than it really is.. Basically I spent the entire day travelling from one area to the other tracking down missionaries to get their records then going all the way to Calamba (about 1hr on a jeep) to give them to the Zone Leaders.. That pretty much killed all of our appointments that day.. I think we made it to like one.. GRR.. That would happen in my last 3 weeks.. I felt like I had gone back to being Zone Leader in Lucena haha... Just running arrands.
Anyways.. We did make it to Janet and Edgar's house this week and when we got there we discovered that Sister Janet has been struggling with Asthma and had an attac Tuesday night so thats why we werent able to teach them. But yeah.. we ended up teaching them again about the plan of salvation because they had a TON of questions about it.. And this week I focused my study to help prepare to teach them but for some reason when I got to the lesson I had forgotten almost everything that I studied.. (NOTE: this was Thursday night after all of the arrand running)... I trhink it was cuz my head wasn't in the right place.. I was kinda mad at the ZLs for making me run all around town and waste our time getting little peices of paper.. So yeah, teaching was super hard and I thought the lesson was a complete failure until something happened that has never happened before to me haha.. Our investigator of just about 1 month jumps in and saves us.. Like She started teaching me and my companion about the Plan of salvation.. she referenced scriptures that she read in both the bible and the Book of Mormon and basically made me and my comp look like fools. haha.. needless to say me and my comp were floored and the spirit was so strong and I got this really strong prompting to start talking about baptism again.. so i brought it up and we were able to answer a lot of their nagging questions about baptism... but one negative thing is.. they werent able to make it to church this week.. we were sad but i think they have a legit excuse cus sister Janet has been sick...
Speaking of church... Brother Rafael was interviewed and found worthy to be baptized a member of the church on August 28, 2011. We are so happy and excited for him and he is excited as well to become a member. He is without a doubt an elect son of our Heavenly Father. I am so grateful that the Lord prepared Rafael and I so that he could be baptized! CONGRATS TO HIM! Oh and even better... He asked ME to baptize him! I am so excited! The service will be next sunday.
Also, for the past couple months now we have been working with a less active family, the Duque family.. I think I talked about Irish in some of my nakaraang emails. But we finally made some progress with the Father of the house.. He sat and listened to one of our lessons and agreed to hold a Family Home Evening next sunday night.. So i brought it up in PEC meeting and hopefully next week I'll have a report to you on their progress. We hope to get them back to church so little irish can be baptized...
hmm.. What else.. what else.. OH! I am loving life and partially hating the fact that I am going home so soon!.. THATS ALL FOR NOW FOLKS!!
I love you all!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment