HEEEELLLLLOOOOOO!!!!! (like on Mrs. Doubtfire).. Remember that? When he has all the frosting on his face.. Of course you do..
Anyways.. Elder Vandermyde says hello, and that he misses you all terribly. With that being said.. My week this week was AMAZING to say the least! I got to basically see all of the missionaries in the whole mission!! I'll tell you why later. But first I'll start with the amazing things that happened in our work this week!
Ok, so first of all Elder Painagan and I have had great success this week with tracting!!! I wouldnt say great success with numbers but great success with the families that we found. So me and E Painagan tracted for a total of 11 hours this week and we found a total of 3 new papuntahan or like places to go.. Now thats not very good.. But the people we found are like way awesome! the first one we found was this ate (ahh-tay) or teenage girl from Mindanao (thats where my comp's from) and she was way interested and like knew some members back in her hometown but she said that its bawal to teach her at the house shes staying at cuz the dad like doesnt like it. But the awesome thing is that she came to church!! Yeah it was so cool.. Like to be honest i wasnt expecting her to come at all.. But she did!! WOO HOO!! Then the second guy we found was a really nice middle aged man who was working in Dubay but he had to come back to the philippines to take care of his kapatid (or like family member).. IDK if its a girl or a boy yet cuz theres no gender differentiation in Tagalog.. But anyways, hes taking care of his brother or sister who got in an accident on his/her motorcycle.. When we tracted them i was actually suprised that he let us in cuz his house was pretty big and they seemed pretty rich.. But he let us in and we taught him the first lesson and were going back there tomorrow!! Woot.. And the third is definately the best!! We met her yesterday, she is an older woman who is way way way amazing at the bible, she had been taught by a ton of missionaries for years now and she just has a hard head daw... It was a little intimidating to be honest, I taught her the Plan of Salvation right off the bat and when we got to the story of adam and eve she basically quoted the whole thing from the bible.. it was way cool.. But then after we got done teaching i asked her if she had anything that was confusing her or if she wanted to ask any questions.. And she sat there for a little and then she finally said.. Im confused about the book of mormon.. And i was like "well thats ok, what can i help you with there?" then she went on to say how she has almost read the entire Book of Mormon and how she has been comparing it with the bible for like the past year and that she can't find anything that conflicts between them.. Then she went on to testify that she knew the book of mormon was true based on its doctrine, but that she was confused cuz she had never seen the name "Nephi, or Moroni or Alma" in the bible.. Then I let Brother Alimagno take over from there.. He was our ward's former bishop and I felt it would be better for him to explain because they are the same age. Then brother alimagno gave an amazing testimony about the history of the Book or Mormon and how we can know its true. Then after that the spirit was so so strong and we just sat there in silence for a little bit and then she was like.. "Now I get it... Now I understand what you have been saying to me since the first time missionaries came to visit me" and she was like crying and she said "Now its my time" and BOOM we gave her a baptismal goal date on our first visit! And she is so so ready to be baptized!! I cant wait!! I totally forgot her name tho cuz i didnt bring my planner.. But that is basically the amazingness of my work this week!! Oh and the Tuazon family is doing amazing!! we visited them and one of the daughters there is like a champion ping pong player.. so I challenged her to a match on October 25 at the stake center. If I lose I have to buy her Jolliebee and if I win she has to give me a high five. So I'll keep you posted on that...
Anyways, now to the most fun amazing part of my week... This week a member of the presiding bishopric came to talk to the entire San Pablo Mission... yes... The ENTIRE MISSION... Which means I got to see and mingle with all of the missionaries!! It was like zone conference X10! It was way cool.. So when we got there, there was like a billion missionaries and I got to go say hi to all of my old companions and zone mates and just hang out with them.. I have pictures that I posted! But It was a good time... Then Bishop McMullen came and gave an awesome message and then opened it up to an open forum where we could ask him questions about anything pertaining to the gospel and missionary work.. I forgot my notes, but just trust me.. It was way "BALLIN'" .. That is a new english slang i picked up there.. I like it. But anyways, I remembered my card reader this week and posted a bunch of new pictures so I hope you enjoy them!!! But thats pretty much it for me!! I am Loving my mission and Loving everything about everything! You all stay classy..
Love
Elder Hansen
1 comment:
AWESOME! We love Jeff!
Post a Comment