SOOO!!!! If you haven't heard the news, for almost this whole week I have been sick!! Grr!! Not again! Yeah, last - last saturday night (so 2 saturdays ago) I came down with a gnarly cough and fever which pwned me for like 3 days in the hospital.. Saying it was not fun would be a grevious understatement. IT SUCKED!! Excuse my slander.. But it was by far the worst 3 days of my mission.. I had a weird chinese doctor who kinda knew tagalog and NO english... he had a really bad accent that was hard to understand. But its all good.. I am out now and better than ever!!
Ok so I will take a little time to give you an update on the people we met 2 weeks ago...
Ok so. first is Darren the security guard.. HE CAME TO CHURCH! It was awesome! but when we got to gospel essentials class he kept falling asleep, so I asked him what was up and he told me that he hadn't slept in like 24 hours.. I was like WHAT! The place he works for he works all night until like 6 am in the morning, and then from 7 to 9 he was looking for a new apartment to move into and at 9 o clock he came to church.. basically giving up his only sleep time.. Like that is saying a lot! you have like 3 hours to sleep and you give it up to go to some church you are interested in.. That guy has a ton of faith! But as for right now he is looking for a different job so that he can actually get some sleep and have a life during the day. So we aren't able to teach him at the moment because when were awake, he is sleeping. So I'll keep you updated on that..
Also we have been teaching those two teenage girls who have been going to church for a while now,, that is going just swimmingly. we were actually able to teach them last saturday about the book of mormon! They are golden investigators! They keep thier commitiments, come to church and have a BOMB fellowshipper! So that is pretty much 2 baptisms in the bag right there.
And about that house that was super nice and we didn't even have to say "tao po" to get into... Yeah... They are all drunks pala.. Like we showed up there yesterday and they are all like super drunk and basically tell us that every sunday when they don't have work all they do is just drink and party.. It was such a shame to see such nice people caught up in all that. We hope that we can help them out in some way or another.
And one more.. Jennifer and Ray.. they are the family that we found through a less-active family. We have been teaching them for about 2 weeks now the father really likes the lessons! He is a soldier and seems tough on the outside but on the inside he is just a big pansy haha.. We are going to try to reactivate their fellowshipper and get the whole family baptized. But as of right now we are still preparing the whole operation. So we'll give you a little update on them as well..
But as for this past week.. NOTHING happened.. I got sick and have either been resting or in the hospital. But Mom, be assured. I am better now.. like 100% better. The doctors do know what they are doing here too. So "Not to worry!!!".. (in a Nigel Thornberry accent). Well I think thats pretty much it from me today. I gotta get this show on the road.. Were going to go buy foods to eat in our house.. MMMMMM!! FOOOD! ok.. I really gotta go now. I love you all!!
Elder Hansen
No comments:
Post a Comment